One hour. Once a week.
Mentoring is a mutually beneficial experience. Both you and your mentee will learn and grow through this relationship. You will play games, encourage self-confidence, read books, and practice healthy communication and expression.
Start Your Application
Due to our thorough security and background checks, the application process can take up to 30 days. Start your application today to get the process started and ensure you’ll be ready for mentor matching when the school year begins.
APPLY TO MENTOR
**Read how we are preparing for mentoring for Fall 2021 in our COVID-19 Response Plan**
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Participate in an interview and required training
- Complete and pass the screening process [background check and 2 references]
- Be an approved volunteer through the school district
- Be consistent—participate in mentoring sessions at the school for one hour per week for one school year
- Be ready and willing to listen to and learn from your mentee
- Maintain a confidential relationship
LOOKING FOR MORE INFORMATION?
We understand that it can feel daunting to take on a new role in a student’s life, but we are here to support you! Each mentor receives the training, guidance, support, and regular contacts that they need to feel successful and confident in their mentoring relationship. Check out ‘What to Expect’ for more information on the preparation, matching process, and ongoing support of mentors.
WHAT TO EXPECT
CHECK OUT THE LATEST MENTOR STORIES
Program Alumna and Affinity Staff: Angela’s Story from Affinity Mentoring on Vimeo.