How to Apply
**We are no longer accepting new mentor applications for the 2016-2017 school year. If you would like to mentor in the 2017-2018 school year, please complete the appropriate application below. We will be conducting interviews and training starting in June 2017. In the meantime, consider joining our Events or Behind the Scenes Support Teams. Learn more >
All applications are handled through our MentorCore software partner to ensure a secure and seamless application and mentorship process. If you have any questions about the application process, check out What to Expect for more information.
To get started, select a school of your choice. Note: If needed, the Affinity Mentoring staff can change the location after your application is submitted.
Burton School (Includes Elementary and Middle)
2133 Buchanan Ave SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49507
Burton might be the right site for you if…
- You are available to mentor between 8:30a-4:30p, Monday through Friday.
- You are a Mars Hill Bible Church attendee, Blue Cross Blue Shield Employee, Senior Neighbors/RSVP Volunteer or know someone that is already mentoring at Burton.
Southwest Community Campus [SWCC]
801 Oakland Ave SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
SWCC might be the right site for you if…
- You are available to mentor over lunch [between 11a-1p] or after school [4p-5p].
- You are bilingual in Spanish/English.
- You are a Gordon Food Service employee or know someone that is already mentoring at SWCC.